Sunday, November 9

Three Small Tasks

I'm not trying to be difficult. I just needed to believe that you give a shit.

And so I asked if you would do 3 small things for me:

1) Fix the many blown bulbs and blinking lights in my home.

2) The nitrate level has reached dangerous levels in my fish tank, all but one of my fishies have died on me. Help me fix it . save my Yellow Tang. Make it back to like when we first started.

3) Invite me to your home, to see YOUR fishtank and meet your family

I'm sure you'll agree with me, after all is said and done, apologies dont mean a thing unless accompanied by action.

You almost failed when you didnt keep to your own commitment to turn up at my place early in the morning today. It reminded me sorely of a lunch appointment you made with me that you couldnt make but neglected to inform me. like it or not, I now have a low threshold for small thoughtless actions.

But you agreed to do my 3 tasks. *joy*

When i saw you slaving away, changing the water, mixing the salt, scrubbing and cleaning up the algae and gunk on the glass of my 4 feet fishtank ,I felt it again - the possibility that this "Beautiful friendship" that you promised is for real and here to stay.

a cleaner fish tank,( after your diligent scrubbing and cleaning) with new rock arrangements, a happier surviving tang ( fingers crossed) now we need to stabilise the KH levels and slowly repopulate the tank,


I guess any friendship is like the fishtank. If you neglect it or abuse it..nitrate levels (negative thoughts, poison) accumulates. eventually the toxicity levels kill off your fishies one by one.

Friendships , like the fishtank is constant work. If we keep it clean, keep a an observing eye on it, take pains to maintain it. feed and take care of the fishies in the tank well, then the friendship, like a fishtank and its population will thrive.

So I promise I will continue to be a good friend to you for as long as you continue to sayang me and treat me right. ...and right now i am feeling very happy as i blog from my laptop sitting in my toilet throne room (that now has lights that work!)

And oei you are supposed to complete the 3 tasks within the month !

No comments: