Monday, December 31

How did you spend your new years eve?

Breaking news : "Fireworks in Singaporean suburbia outshines city's mainstream fireworks on New Years Eve "

*giggles*

This same time last year, I spent a howling great time getting sloshed at the Ministry of Sound - studio 54 nightclub in the company of a couple of lovely, generous and fun souls, downing a never ending torrent of tequila shots, bourbon, beer and god knows wat else as I mmsed, smsed anyone and everyone in my pda phone contacts list ~ while~ i shimmied and shook my booty on the dancefloor between heaps of other sweaty high party goers. Talk about multi-tasking.

Yes, in one night of booze , 2nd hand smokes, 2nd hand BO's and being christened by other people's sweat droplets I danced away all my angst, I danced away all my worries .It was like a head shaking trance like cleansing ritual as we counted down to the magic moment - 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,...1!!! I had shaken off the previous year and I was "Reborn"

When it was time to go home...whoah..it was a greater battle than trying to appear reasonably lucid and "non-sloshed" - i never forgot my lame pathetic journey home on our beloved home grown - SBS double decker bus *cringe*

Ah but that was New Years Eve 2006. I woke up in 2007 with a rip roaring hangover. boooo.

Fast forward to New Years Eve 2007-- What did you do this new years eve my friends?

This year the guppy is cooler, and smarter! heh heh while almost everyone has descended on one of the 3 main party spots, Vivo City, Sentosa, Marina Bay to catch one of the three mega NYE parties that are happening . Catch the much touted "Largest/Greatest/Fabulousest (sic) Fireworks Display in Singapore"

I decided to chill out at home... Armed with packets of coloured sparklers sticks I was determined to have my own little private fireworks party right here at home. no crowds, no drunken revellers, me and pretty lights and a nice MacDonald's happie meal.

When i lit the sparklers...the beautiful dancing lights were just as cool if not better than any in the sky.. little shiny pretty sparklers..doing their private dance , shining at their most brilliant, burning themselves out, determined to make their short performance on this earth matter.
My personal fireworks display!









10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2..1 Happie New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankly, I could never figure out why ANYONE would want to be nursing a hangover on the first day of the rest of the year, but I guess it's one of those mysteious human social phenomena that cannot be explained, lol. :P

SyncopatedID

γƒ—γƒ«γƒΌγƒˆ said...

Happy New Year too babe!!
May this year goes smooth for your work, family, health and of course, diving!! More Manta and Whaleshark sightings!!

hugs. lovelove.