Wednesday, January 2

Day One - Dedicated to the LPG Council

Its the first working day for 2008 today :)

The alarm on my mobile phone went off at 630am..i put it on snooze and went back to sleep again, it rang again, i put it on snooze again...yup u get the picture. 7am i extracted myself from my lovely bed, went through my morning toilet rituals , put on the black business suit i laid out the night before, slapped on my war paint and just as I was about to step out of my house - i looked at myself in the mirror - and decided that i didnt want to start the working year dressed all in black. :P blyeah.

I ransacked my wardrobe and settled on a gleen leaf motif wrap dress instead.

Yes Im a Bimbo. correction - One very late bimbo. I arrived at work 5 mins late.

I dove straight into work. Caught up with my boss , my team, Im getting a project manager who is relocating to Singapore from our Bangkok office. Besides that , today is also the first day of work for alot of newbies that have just joined the organisation.

In between msn messages with friends online, I had lots more meetings about numbers, ideas for where to get the numbers, what will happen if we dont get the numbers :P lotsa planning, lotsa discussions, (where i was once again reminded why my boss is my boss --he is so damn driven!) the energy was simply infectious and by late afternoon, the wheels were already in unstoppable motion.

As the day ended, i looked around at the pockets of activities around me. Yes its good to be back on the battlefield again! I hope i achieve enough success and results to stay here permanently. There is no real "end" to the work we begin...but ah they have cut off the airconditioning 5 mins earlier than usual today - this guppy cannot exist without climate control..it was time to go home.

Tomorrow is another day. i can't wait! hee hee

Council, I would like to dedicate my first working day in 2008 to you.

I met you when i first started out in this industry. Though we are all doing vastly different things now and you are all highly successful in your own chosen paths , you were there through my career high points, watched my shakey attempts at venturing to strike out on my own, watched me succeed, consoled and comforted me when i failed, through my career highs and lows there was one constant source of advice and encouragement. You've all been tough acts to follow. I hope i can catch up soon :)



3 Cheers to the LPG Council - Banzai! Banzai! Banzai!

Gambate EVERYBODIE!!! the year has just begun! So how was your first day at work this 2008?

No comments: