Thursday, April 29

My Pet Lump

Bet you're wondering ...what lump ?



And now with this pic of a wall full of baby photos... you must be wondering..


Haha gotcha . No lah Im not pregnant ,.

Actually I was at a gyneacologist's office. Why was i there ? I was there because
  1. I discovered a lump in my breast

  2. I told Tracie about my new pet lumpy - who insisted i get the lump checked out and gave me a long lecture about regular pap smears...yes it was a long lecture over msn. man that girl can type real fast haha
Surprised? Well I surprised myself too.

Im 33 years old, never had a pap smear, never did those women's health checks...why ? because i think its damn embarassing and unatural to have someone go poking my nether regions with a cold metal piece? and i really didnt see the need as I dont have like a gazillion sex partners? heck Im living like a nun now ? Hmm in fact the last time pap smears were discussed it was with my LPG council sisters and at that point till today my thought has always been... heck i dont really wanna know if im sick ??? pfffttt

Anyway, the discovery of Lumpy really freaked me out . I had no mood to focus on work, spent evenings poking and prodding lumpy wondering if it was cancerous a cyst a fibroid or all those horrible horror stories i hear from other girlfriends about people they know.. I poked lumpy so bad , and by today it was all sore and achy.

Fast forward till today . I took Tracie's advice and went to visit this gynea she highly recommended. Not just to check out Lumpy...but also to get all my other womanly parts checked out - according to Tracie's lecture - check for cervical cancer, ovarian cancer yadda yadda yadda..every woman should get one done once a year whether she's sexually active or not yadda yadda yadda.. nuff said.

Finally at 12noon, at the ripe old age of 33, I had my first pap smear!
for the benefit of my male readers or underaged - clueless female readers.. This here is an image of the process of what is known as a Pap smear.



* u snigger...if u are a guy and u reading this..try pokin yr ass with a blunt metal butter knife! zzzzzz*

As i lay on my back, my ankles on the "stirrups" legs spread apart , I felt so vulnerable. Lucky Gynea was a nice cute female , who encouraged me to relax, and didnt laugh at this "virgin" pap smear tester... the whole thing was done in a few mins..and doc got the sample she needed..the results will be mailed to me in 2 weeks time for now im happy to declare.. I STILL HATE PAP SMEARS !!!

After the most uncomfortable nether region poke of my entire life ...came a 2nd poke. In the name of taking Tracie's advice + the fact i had 33 years worth of health to check up on , I ordered an ultrasound.. to check on my ovaries , uterous etc. Doc announced an internal ultrasound and before I could question --Internal? ... a 2nd scanning stick was shoved into me again :P yuck yuck yuck

But Whoah i could see ultra sound pix on a mini tv screen beside the bed ( like the ones girlfriends get when they are pregnant..to see their developing foetuses) except images of my inside show an empty oven :P heheheheh -- happy to report , the guppy womb is happy, guppy ovaries and uterus , fallopian tubes all healthy . HOORAY!!!!

So What about the real reason why i decided to visit a gynea in the first place ?

What about Lumpy?

Doc took one look at my lumpy, poked it a little and declared it an inflamed sweat gland -much like a huge acne or pimple, prescribed me antiseptic cream and sent me home :P

Major pffffftttt but yes I am one super relieved guppy.

And now the 2 week wait for the pap smear test results...

So my happy gupsters ...have you had your pap smear ? did you remind the women you love around you to go get their health checked out ? It sucks ...but yeah get that Pap smear..TODAY!

No comments: