Sunday, February 1

What is Charity?

Yep another eventful weekend.

Had a few colleagues drop by my flat on saturday for a CNY lunch. Meowmi "reverse engineered" a damn delicious stewed chicken dish we had in town, and i must say it was a BIG success. delicious is an understatement. I tried my hand and made fried meesiam for the first time ( albiet with instant meesiam mix) hah but it was still yum. Besides Meowmi's heavenly stewed chicken, my meesiam, we also had stirfried veggies, garlic prawns, dimsum, pows, bak kwa ) There was so much food and as usual, by the time we settled down to eat , I FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTOS ...again! aargh!

Everyone left around 4, and as i was washing up after the raunchie lunchie , buoy msged to go get ice-cream . :D he wanted to hit a few rounds on the driving range nearby but when we got to the orchid range, it was closed! @#$@!! so we ended up scoffing desserts and snacks at Tong Shui along Thomson Road instead.

As usual, i was urging anyone and everyone i meet to go make a cash donation to charity to start off the year with good karma. I was sooo Egging Buoy on to go to an AXS machine and transfer some money to a charity.

Guppy : " OK after makan we go find an AXS machine , you donate some marnies to community chest or childrens cancer foundation or something."

Buoy : " Why?"

Guppy :" Build good karma la!"

Buoy : " Thats so you, you throw money to solve every problem, I dont need to give money to do good and build good karma. How much did u donate? 50 bucks? is 50 bucks alot of money to you? This year I will be a nicer person to everybody to build good karma."

Guppy : " Oooooo so u going to be nicer to me huh? coz unless u are nicer to me , u have no hope :P pfffft "

Though i think its a lost cause for Buoy he got me thinking - "what is charity? " cant i just give money? must go feed old people, bather them? or cook for the poor ? what is charity? what is being charitible ? pffffft . mmmm need to think big!

As for being nicer to everyone to build good karma? i think we have a long way to go as far a Buoy is concerned :
On the way back i was still waiting for him to invite me over to his place to meet his wife, and ofcourse check out a "pro's" fishtank. But the invitation never came .

boooooo.

Oh well, at least i managed to pass along the little money cat that was sitting in the drawer all this time :P

Stay tuned happie gupsters! WE ...yes i will come around to you ...WE will do GOOD DEEDS this year, charitible ones, there will be action . just let me stew on this for awhile.

No comments: