Friday, October 9

Expect the Unexpected

It has been the usual super duper eventful week..with a twist.

Some twists ....more pleasant than others...

Unexpected encounter 1 :
The boss unexpectedly sent an invite : a big thank you lunch treat ...we were supposed to do the favourite Tokyo Japanese restaurant at the Amara hotel..but on a whim, he decided we should go to Capricci...a nice cosy little italian restaurant along Tanjong Pagar road.

I had a great time at this lunch..its not all shop talk...and boss was unusually relaxed..Im wondering how much he has already spent at this cosy little place...he was so chummy with the waitstaff that the owner actually said -- for him the restaurant will allow smoking of cigars within its premises.

The champagne was so delicious i think i had a tad too much. when we stepped out into the afternoon heat to walk back to the office...that was when the alcohol's effects hit me . ah c'est lavie

Unexpected encounter 2 :
I was supposed to take Larry out to a nice belated birthday dinner treat in orchard..but because i got so lost trying to find this ridiculous place called "Fusionpolis" a huge complex built by the singapore government to house digital media folks ( right next to another obscenely huge building complex set called the "Biopolis") I got too lazy to drive back to town, and we ended up at the Chicago Steakhouse at Holland Village instead .

The the angus beef steak was excellent...it was an unexpected delicious find! It was good to see that Larry was finally getting a break...and moving forward with his digital animation course ! keep up the good work!

Unexpected encounter 3 :
I was enjoying a conversation with a friend over msn. just idle chitchat . I shared with him, that I was experiencing an itch, and itch to surround myself with some nice booze , find a nice corner and just chill and enjoy ..something i havent done in a long time. This idle chitchat unexpectedly turned sour when he decided to bait me with an invite to go drinking together on friday night..got me all excited, ...and then promptly rescinded that invitation..It was a thoughtless, mean act, an act that was blatantly disrespectful of our friendship and for me. Made me wonder why he felt the need to do it perhaps his insecurities and ego got the better of him. he merely wanted to test me, to test if his buddy wanted to hang out with him, but he didnt really desire my company. whatever the reason and motives for this trangression,the damage was done.

a slew of apologies followed but some thoughtless actions cannot be undone. I can forgive, but im not the forgetting sort. Now the unexpected part was not the fact that he did all of the above in one single thoughtless stupid act. The unexpected part was , through this imbecilic childish act, this person has left an indelible doubt in my mind : this person who calls me buddy...actually never held me in high regard...or valued me as much as i did him in the first place. well done happie guppy!

perhaps less contact will ensure less offenses...and less opportunities for him to squander my good graces... But tried and tested standards are set to be maintained. there is no chance of lowering the bar . For everybody's sake. i hope Im wrong. it was gold i picked up. not coal.

expected encounter 4:
was also not a very pleasant one. hah also has something to do with some other clown who had the audacity to squander my good graces .

said clown, in the guise of our friendship smsed me at 730am in the morning asking if he can hitch a ride to work -- his reason? he did not feel like riding his bike in to work. But i knew...from past experiences...he probably didnt want to ride because he was planning on some heavy duty drinking and partying this Friday night. True enough, when i asked him about the evening? he replies he was heading out to the Fly entertainment anniversary party held at some hotel. Did any of his plans involve inviting me? ...ofcourse i was not part of the plan lah ..only my car and the ride was....

We had not spoken since late May ( fell out precisely because he took my friendship for granted thought my ride was his..) ...i thought i was done being angry and decided to give him one chance...only shared 2 lunches and 1 coffee since August later... I most certainly didnt expect him to so lightly make a request to hitch a ride for his own selfish purposes again...

Yep I expected to have him handle me with kid gloves..but clearly. HIS needs were too loud for him to hear me say - you;ve got to be kidding. I certainly did not expect to be treated like a 7 eleven convenience store and free taxi ride.


Unexpected Encounter 5 :
Just as I thought my friday night was a wash out...as I roamed the malls a familiar voice called out my name, I turned around and was pleasantly surprised to run into my secondary school mate Lilian

We havent really kept in contact. i went abroad for uni, when i got back we had different lives, different social circles,..and work takes up alot of our attention and time. But I am feeling very very happy with this unexpected encounter...
everytime we meet up, its like the old days. we can still talk, she is still the same ..only now she looks much prettier all dolled up hahaha ( after work mah)

two girlfriends..sat down to camomile tea..at coffeebean and tealeaf cafe. Bumping into Lillian brightened up my Friday. Hearing her story made me feel that my life aint that bad. I have people that love me ...around me .

Hah im buddhist , shes christian..so she'll probably say this is god's work..but to me..i think Buddha meant for me to meet up with Lilian again,.,especially tonight. There are people more deserving of my time. then a couple of clowns.
:)

HAHA there are pix for all the ramblings and rantings above but im too sleepy to upload them now. Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments: