Tuesday, July 15

Bygones. Good Bye .

Grandma's wake is still ongoing.

Im back at work in the day and in the evenings Im expected to show up at her wake. I went yesterday , the day before , but ended up just sitting around....catching up with the clan (gosh my dad's side of the family's big) nothing left for me to do. The family had made all the buddhist funeral arrangements, called in the police to verify her death , everything on the 12th july saturday night she died.

I think she was almost 90 when she passed, she was one tough and hard woman, but the past 2 years she was bed ridden , so there is no doubt this passing was an end to her continued suffering here.

I havent applied for my compassionate leave online yet - i forgot my employee number :P and it was annoying to learn that my sis had to submit a "death certificate" to her HR department ..I wonder if my company would ask for one ...HOW SINGAPOREAN - a death certificate to prove that you really have a death in the family thats why u need to take time off work? Puhlease!

The void deck where we are holding the buddhist wake is the exact same void deck we held the wake for my late grandfather many years ago . I can still remember the sounds, smells and performances for his funeral then..Heard from the elders that the family is hiring some professional funeral performers to give her a glorious send off on thursday.

Right now, I still do not know if i feel anything for grandma's passing. With all due respect to her as dad's mother , some rather honest thoughts I have of her I guess, are better left unsaid. It does say something about our relationship if all i can remember about her are the vicious canings , how she would whoop me as a kid when i was 5-6 years old, when mom was pregnant with my brother and she was taking care of me and my sis.

yup i could remember the whoopin alright . Bygones.

Good Bye Grandma.

You did have a good life.

There is a big crowd at your wake everynight. we remember you , for the positive things. and Im sure the send off will be abig one on thursday morning