Monday, January 4

Not The Same

First day of work in 2010

Everything is the same...yet not the same.

Ir's good to be back at work, sitting in my little cubicle, logging on to my work PC.....saying hi to all my colleagues, trying to dive head long full force into work. Everyone seems to be fully recharged and energised, excited to start the year on the right foot. I too am excited but despite everything being the same, I cant help but notice that from this day forward, many things will no longer be the same.

For starters...As I drove by the coffeeshop where i used to have breakfast with Buoy on the way in to work, ...found myself looking out to see if i can catch a glimpse of him hahah. There will be no more early breakfasts before work in 2010

Today a new member joined my team. there are now more mouths to feed, and naturally the additional headcount means management is expecting revenue results to go along with it as well. I quite like her, but its still something very new I will need to get used to. Boss seems to be in an enthusiastic cheery mood, but I am a realist - i know he is a mercenary - its all about the bottomline.

I went online, hoping to see familiar faces on my msn chat ...but everyone seems to be busy today. Ochayo, Moo and Kulcha were not online. and I found myself oddly missing them? How spastic. I used to think everyone was too free hehe can find the time to chat with me online.,..and now that everyone is busy...It was quiet. tooo quiet on the chat front!

I am now chatting on a black berry with other black berry fellow user buddies like Abi? yeah plotting the next get away..itchy feet guppy still has not fulfilled the itch to walk on Vietnamese soil , drink vietnamese coffee and munch on baguettes yet.... Macau, Mumbai , Delhi are also part of our "windy heart" discussion ahhaaha . we were supposed to go mid Jan, but i discovered work has a big deliverable end feb. booooo. will we make it anywhere this year? stay tuned true believers!

And then it was lunch. I still remember complaining a few months back that lunch with Kulcha was not the same, as lunch with buoy. Now that he has moved on to a newer better job and is no longer working conveniently a block away from me, I find myself missing my lunch buddy! damn it.

Lunch at Tanjong Pagar area anyone? msg me pls...its fun to eat with me! really :D!!!

After lunch, I automatically made my way to my favourite fruit juice shop ...i was gonna order my usual Avocado drink...but stopped myself. Since this start of the new work year has a running theme of change all day, I thought i should go all the way. and NOT drink my usual Avocado milk shake. I will order something new -- strawberry and banana drink.


The verdict --- Happie Guppy does not like change :(

*cry*

On a happier note one good thing that has carried over from 2009, Project FMMAM is stronger than ever , Moo has suddenly gotten into her head that we should all play a game of badminton. ( methinks its coz they both have gotten themselves some matching badminton gear , clothes, shoes, sweat bands etc HAHAHAH) anywayz, she booked a court for Friday night , and wants to play a game with kulcha, me and she will find some other 4th person to join us. You go girl!!!! hahahahah

Yeah I think I really dont take change very well.

More of the old, more of the familiar please...like this old delicious taste i re-discovered over the weekend. I went to Thomson plaza on sunday and for old times sakes, I ordered a dish of my favourite special beehoon, from this humble little stall in the foodcourt that i used to patronise when i was still living with my parents many years ago. (the stall selling the poh piah) there was no meat in this dish except for the 2 prawns...only lime, peanuts, tao kwa, fried shallots, corriander, spring onion , carrots, eggplant and eggs.. so simple yet each mouthful was a burst of delicious flavour! -- now that ive rediscovered it, I crave it all over again...



Will 2010 be a year of many changes ? please be kind to me buddha...

Let me be surrounded by the familiar and the true.

How was the start of your new work year my happie gupsters? I hope it was a good one! I feel a sore throat , a bad one..i think i may have caught the cold bug from porkchop last week. woe woe woe

No comments: