Friday, January 8

Where are you my Tom Sawyer?

Its too soon to be feeling the itch for adventure...

Just too soon, I mean work has just started hasnt it? But Im feeling it. Am i feeling melancholic because of all the changes going on around me? or am I possibly a little jealous, jealous that a friend has found something new, something that will take him to different places. new adventures ahead ?

or am I simply..just looking around me and thinking - gosh everyone's back into "work mode" and the ever ending rat race .

A conversation with moo reminded me of my need for adventure. I always fancied myself a Huckleberry Finn , always off to a new adventure ..perhaps with my buddy ...is he Tom Sawyer ? we will build a raft and row ourselves down some river in Malaysia . (actually a long time ago, buoy did mention this idea adventure he had with his bros to me , little did he know that this was a dream of mine too hhahaha not the actual act, but the spirit of adventure)

Moo reckons i dont have it in me to build a raft. I told her ive got money we will hire them Orang Lauts to build some bamboo rafts for us. yes i think she rolled her eyes till they cramped ...tsk tsk.

Where is my next new adventure? where is my next new thrill, will you be there beside me ?

and we will be on that raft some day...singing this simple tune..

Moon River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day.
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker,
wherever you're going I'm going your way.

Two drifters off to see the world.
There's such a lot of world to see.
We're after the same rainbow's end--
waiting 'round the bend,
my huckleberry friend,
Moon River and me.

Are you my Tom Sawyer ? Take me on an adventure soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can add a motor at back of the raft!!!! So no need to manually row!!! LOL

One Happie Little Guppy said...

Eh motorisesd raft is not authentic lah! Ok how bout we PAY someone to row as well :p hahahahaha