Friday, January 1

A Brand New Year!

Happie New Year my happiegupsters!

How time flies. Its already 2 years since i started blogging at the end of 2007. Now im into my 3rd year. hmmmm wonder if i should continue?

How did you spend your new year's eve? as always I was at home, enjoying a quiet meal, and then spent the rest of the evening re-reading all my entries for the past year ....accompanied by more delicious rose moscato.


A simple NYE dinner - sausages and pasta with mushroom , tomato and pinenuts..

A few entries made me smile...i had almost forgotten some of the happie stuff that i had done, but many of the entries were not so happy. I spent a moment reflecting on alot of the things i had done...alot of the people that came into my life, and some of the people that have exited. Do i have any regrets? Frankly, no :) Have i grown for the better ? ( or mabbe gotten more evil) over this past year? In all honesty I believe I have gotten stronger

When i read the New Years resolution list i wrote at the beginning of last year ...i realised , hmmm I had not achieved a single one on my list ...sigh


I then sat for an hour or two in front of my PC chatting with friends who are also home and not partying at some NYE Countdown party in town (yes squeezing with strangers and gawking at fireworks just dont turn me on) , I wondered if i should still prepare a New Years Resolution for 2010 since i did not accomplish one single task i set out for myself from last year? aaargh! ...just before midnight, I went to light some sparklies ...just like last year ...

Goodbye 2009 ...it was a bumpy..BUT STILL FUN ride indeed....

Hello 2010 ! This is gonna be MY year to SHINE !!!!! ...I can feel it in my bones!!!!

First meal of 2010 with the Family! - and an early birthday celebration for Bijoux :D

Bijoux's birthday wont be for another week at least , but since the family was gathering for a meal, we decided to give her an early birthday celebration meal :)

We went to our family's favourite little Peranakan cuisine restaurant along upper Thomson road - IVINS. Ordered our favourite - Nonya Fishhead Curry, Assam Tiger Prawns, Kechap Manis Tiger prawns, Egg FooYong, Ayam Buah Keluah , Stirfried Ladies Fingers, Sayur Lodeh , Honey Pork, there was so much food!

2010 will be a new beginning for my family. They have moved out of the house behind Macritchie Reservoir..into a newer but smaller place in town. There are so many new exciting adventures that await us this new year!

After lunch, Bijoux and I went SHOPPING in Orchard road...we checked out the two new malls Orchard Central - 313 @ somerset and Orchard Central. I must say i was more in awe of the food and restaurant selections than the shopping options. Nothing in the 2 malls appealed to me at all . In the end we spent our monies enjoying drinks and sweets instead

One of the cafes we vegetated in between shopping was this place called Heaven's Loft , the much touted dessert place turned out to be another Ben and Jerry's Ice-cream joint . hmmm over priced Ben and Jerry's but the place kina pretty ...


Happie early birthday chookie!

New Years Resolution for 2010 ?

I think its time to seriously put a list of MUST DOs for 2010 and stick to it this time

  1. Dive Raja Ampat, Maldives and Manado!
  2. I didnt get back into archery, but i got back into Badminton! - so 2010 I will get better at Badminton, make sure i play it at least once a week!
  3. Eat healthier !
  4. Spend more time with my family
  5. Focus my energy on work! Get serious! Fight Fight Fight!
  6. Get myself a new kitchen
  7. Get that darn PPCDL License
  8. Get that darn Master Scuba Diver License

So there, Ive listed it. all 8 big tasks.

Will i succeed? Stay tuned true believers. Lets get to it everybody! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I ate the tiramisu at the risk of my failing health and it was lovely. *koff* Thank you~! :D

One Happie Little Guppy said...

DID U TAKE PEEKTURES!?!?!!?!?! hahahah dun worry theres more where that came from muahahah!