Sunday, January 31

Meow?

So many things to do, so little time...

The Lunar New Year Celebrations are drawing closer...Only 2 more weeks till Feb 14th. ( incidentally yep Lunar New Year celebrations fall on Valentine's day as well) looks like no romantic valentines day celebrations for me...but i digress.

Went shopping for new year supplies ..at the local supermarket, yes i chose the less crowded, but airconditioned shopping venue option over trawling through the super crowded streets of chinatown with Ochayo and Moo anytime.... I just simply hate crowds.

Unlike most other chinese families, there wasnt much to buy . nobody comes to my place as Im not an "elder" and we dont have a very big family anyway, Im the one that does the visiting and mostly immediate family and a few close friends. thats about it.

Anyways, i wanted to buy some lunar new year gifts for my family , checked out the hampers available and almost choked on their prices...the cheapest hamper was over 80 bucks , while abaolone etc were averaging 40-50 bucks a can. what crap!

Finally settled on this cute basket of mandarin oranges.. the basket was made out of metal, shaped into cute little tigers! I bought 10 of these cuties, 24 pax cartonssss of TIGER beer..(hahaha) but had to stop there.. there was no one to help carry all my purchases to my car. I guess i will do my 2nd load of shopping another time.

lucky for my the folks at cold storage were kind enough to wheel out trolleys and help me carry all my new tiger friends to my car. we were certainly an attention grabbing sight ! creating a procession of trolleys loaded to the brim with metal tiger shaped baskets full of mandarin oranges...and tiger beer ahhahha



Some tigers loaded into ashton's boot. the rest spilled over to the back seat..as well as the front seat. I could not resist. they were so cute ...its as if, they were happy to come home with me !

"let us in! let us in!" cried lil tigers! Toffee got really excited to meet her new friends...

"ok troops! attenshun! are u ready to take on the year of the tiger~??!?!" cried Toffee

Looks like i'll have to do a 2nd round of shopping, spring cleaning, and hanging up all the chinese new year wall hangings another time. And then theres my fish tank project that still hasnt gotten off the ground yet! aaargh!!!!
So much to do, so little time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAHAHAHA WTH IS THIS MONSTROSITY I AM LOOKING AT AND YOU'LL BE SENDING ONE OVER TO LIVE WITH US?! XD

your terrified sis.