Sunday, March 23

Marine Tank Madness Continues

Bye bye Nemo.
Nemo No. 2 died this morning - Yes , he fought on bravely but still lost to the dreaded clownfish disease. :(

Marine Tank Madness Continues
To jump straight into my marine tank madness and skip my long babble about other non-fish related stuff - go here
His death brought a little damper to today's plans to go buy more fish and live rocks with Buoy to start populating my marine tank and complete the project.


It was a sweltering HOT day, but we had many places to get to . We had to go all the way to Clementi in the west to get my wonky skimmer fixed, then, a long joyride to Pasir Ris where all the fish and pet farms were to check out the range of fish stock on sale!

First , a quick stop to the nearby petrol station to get his wheels washed. Now dont laugh at me, I dont own a car, so I didnt know that A) it costs only 3 bucks to get your car shampooed, rinsed and dried off by a group of foreign workers B) foreign workers are hardcore hardsell experts (with skills comparable to those from beauty salons that try to sell you packages!)


In no time, the car was washed, and we escaped the hardselling car washers... alas even with the car newly washed, the journey was still a long and hot one -- Guppies distract themselves by camwhoring in the sweltering heat as we zipped along the highway

At Clementi, with the Skimmer fixed and I bought an UltraViolet Lamp and another water pump , it was mutually agreed that before we head off on our long journey from the west to the east , we should FEED THE HUNGRY GUPPY AND BUOY - yes, in Buoy's dogged determination to not deviate from our marine tank mission, we had to go fix the skimmer FIRST before we could engage in some aggressive feeding :P

We ended up in Holland Village where we managed to find a little cafe that served up some pretty normal makan


Baked Chicken Mayonnaise Potato

Calamari which the greedy and crazy hungry guppy ordered

I had the King Kong Burger - Two stacks of prime beef patties cheese bacon.. While Buoy had Country style pork chops ( which i didnt take pics of as I was too busy eating hahahaha)

After scoffing down our yummy brunch, It was straight to the Pasir Ris farms, we went to Iwana, Pacific and many many more , where we bought live rocks - 13 kilos, ( which Buoy couldnt stop complaining that it wasn't enough to fill up the 4feet tank)

Check out Buoy's Zen live rock arrangement!

Buoy set up the UV Lights, tubing OK he set up everything, I was more like the assistant ha ha ha watching and learning

We set out to buy Lipstick Nano Tang, Blue Tang, Yellow Tang, Royal Gamma, but due to the lack of stocks in the shops at Pasir Ris we ended up buying these 6 fishies instead

Meet my new friends

3 spotted hogfish

Peacock Lionfish

Powder Brown Sturgeon

Maroom Clownfish and Blue Tang

And the 6th fish i just couldnt take his pic in time, the moment Buoy put in the live rocks he swam straight into the crevice of one and hid there till now. Damn !

Now that its late at night when i sit on my usual spot on the floor in the living room typing on my notebook, I can listen to the soothing whrrr of the tank while i look at my fishies swim about.. except DAMN! they are all hiding within the live rocks! ha ha ha ha

Can you spot the 6 of them hiding behind or within the crevices?

Yes! I can look at them for hours. I swear its really therapeutic watching them swim around earlier, I hope they come out again tomorrow morning...and hope nobody dies on me this time, stay tuned true believers.

Thank you Buoy!

No comments: