Friday, March 28

It's Playtime!

Went to watch a play last night



Bumped into Tracie as we were having our dinner at the nearby cafe , Tracie happened to be catching this play with her students on the same day too, what a coincidence ( it's Tracie's 2nd time watching it) It was fun catching up with Tracie as all 3 of us nibbled and indulged in idle chitchat while we waited for the play to start.

He wasnt too impressed by the play but I was absolutely thrilled *trembling with delight* It was raw, it was fun , the "Fake" pommy accents were brilliant , and the little "stories" within the "story" were suitably dark , well dark and smart enough to tickle me at all the right places :)

There’s“The Little Apple Men’’ about a girl swallowing razor blades stuffed in apples; “The Tale of the Three Gibbet Crossroads,’’ about morals ;gory creepy “The Little Jesus’’; “The Writer and His Brother’’ is Katurian Katurian’s story about how both were brought up by sadistic sicko parents , physically torturing one child for 7 years while bringing one the other with love as an experiment , "The Pillowman" the most thought provoking story for me but the most memorable one and my favourite - “The Little Green Pig’’ gives the play some much-needed happie joyness after washing it full of blood and black humour

I enjoyed the play, although i think towards the end, after the intermission, it got abit labourious, and the only point where i concur with my theater kaki- the playwright probably had alot of post production thoughts and extended his work...certain areas could've been less draggy and tighter.

It was a 3 hour long affair. oh my we didnt plan for it to end so late, by the time we got out of the theatre it was already 11 time to rush home - tomorrow was afterall still a work day.

Last night before i slept i found myself wondering.. should i be in misery, should I hit rock bottom one sorry day in my life... as i totter on the edge of suicide or survival. would i choose to listen to the pillowman and end my life while i am still a young kid - so I will never have to suffer through it? or would i choose to carry on live it for every moment of happiness, joy , pain , sorrow or anguish? Blyeah too heavy... I didnt dwell on this thought for too long, and soon turned my attention to the happier simpler story of -- "The Little Green Pig"

No comments: