Sunday, February 7

Scary Saturday

I had the most horrible start to my weekend

Woke up saturday morning looking forward to a super packed list of people to meet, things to do.
845am badminton with coach P. 11am MSD gathering with ex colleagues, also a chance to catch up with council sisters... and them 2pm to meet moo at the Natinal Museum to view the Egyptian Mummy exhibits.

Little did i know things were gonna go so horribly wrong...

1. I woke up late, and when i made a rush to get to my car, to my horror, i realised someone had broken Ashton's right view mirror clean off its sides...it was dangling by electronic wires when i got to the car. There was no way I could drive without a side view mirror.

2. i rushed to a nearby stationery shop to purchase thick masking tapes, tape up the broken mirror and made a mad dash to the mechanics. ofcourse i had to cancel on Coach P.. bad bad bad.

3. at the mechanics, i was told the mirror had to be ordered in , they did not stock one. so had to continue driving the car around with the mirrors held together with duct tape..* hope it doesnt rain*

4. on the way back home from the mechanics, I was on the expressway ...happily speeding home, when i felt ashron suddenly slow down ...luckily i was able to move ashton to the roadshoulder of the expressway before anything worse happens. as we reached the side of the road ..Ashton slowed to a complete halt... it was only at that moment that I realised --SHIT I was clean out of petrol!

5. what kind of idiot drives around till the petrol ran clean out? even on E you are supposed to still be able to drive around singapore to Johore Bahru without a problem..clearly I was running on E for quite some time and just simply did not notice it! I am an idiot !!

As i stood stranded beside Ashton on the freeway...i couldnt stop laughing and crying at the same time at how absurd i was and how terribly funny this whole situation was...

I had to take some pics...to share with you my happie gupsters...
Yeap had to get the boot up to make sure other motorists noticed that this dumb bimbo had her wanker car off the road shoulder...sheesh then there was nothing to do but wait for my rescuers to arrive...
I love you mommy and daddy :D
6. lameness ---> so what do i do now? Im stuck on the expressway in the middle of nowhere. no petrol. dead car. I called my parents for help . Lucky for me Mom and dad made a mad dash across town to buy me some petrol...and bring that petrol to me so i can strat the car again...I really am such a loser today! aaargh!!

What gives with the string of bad bad happenings? first , a broken mirror, then i run out of gas. what the hell....

After mom and dad rescued me with a can of petrol, i made my way to the nearest petrol station to fill a full tank of petrol. This must not happen again
By the time all the dramatics ended it was already 12ish ... i was hot, sweaty and too highly strung to make it to Susmita's place for the gathering with ex colleagues,,, rats. and i made tiramisu for this function too...guess i give away the tiramisu then ...
Im convinced. All this string of bad luck is the caused by Porkchop "Accidentally" breaking my dressing room mirror. We MUST replace that broken mirror pronto! aaaaargh!!! meanwhile..i am still waiting for a side view mirror replacement .
rats!

No comments: