Monday, June 9

Bewildered in Bangkok

This must be the 4th or 5th time im in Bangkok this year...and i still love the place...

yes i know my headers are sounding very whingey but yes I am really bored. Dont get me wrong, Bangkok ranks as one of my most favourite cities - the best food, the best shopping with uber cool scuba destination Pearl of the Andaman a stones throw away in Phuket - I LOVE THAILAND !
Infact, after Perth Australia, next on my list of possible places to retire in happen to be Thailand..moored in a little houseboat off the andaman seas somewhere :) *dreams* ah but we are still quite a distance away from that dream..

ok so back to reality . Im not here to play..Im here to work.. BOOOOOOO!

I rocked into Sukhumvit Airport around Thai time 745pm.. ( 845pm Singapore time) and caught the Airport limo to the hotel. by the time i settled into my room, checked my work messages etc, it was already close to 915pm thai time.
Ok on the plus side..rthis is the first time im staying at the Conrad and my little gupsters this is one pretty nifty nice hotel.. check out my cool rooom :
i love the colours scheme...the scents..the furnishing and the decor..very soothing
Ah and the see through adjoining bathroom is so cool..

hah! imagine i can lie here relax while i watch my lover shower and wash himself in the bathroom.. mmmmmmmm kinky .. ;)
cute little elephant doll on my bed, here i am thinking wooo nice present from hotel..NAH turns out you have to buy it ....double booooo!
My workstation...yep im typing form this desk hee hee
the bathtub.. :D with cute rubber ermmm elephant!
more hotel toiletries to steal... yawn..theres no more thrill there too! aaaaaa!!! wanna go home :(
As it was only 9ish i thought it would be such a waste if i just hung out in the hotel room and not at least try to go mad crazy happie cool thai for a few hours...i dropped my bags, put on my slippers and off i went to pay a quick visit to the irawan shrine..
sticker on the inside of the cab ..thought it was amusing ...hee hee ... until i realise dammit even the cab driver thought i was thai..:P

4 faced buddha at Grand Hyatt Irawan Shrine.. for those not in the know..this little guppy was a loudspoken aethist until 2 years ago when a chance visit to this shrine brought about so many changes in my little life :D
or mabbe its just payback time for not doin "too much" harm onto others? hahahaha i dunno..
paid for 4 temple dancers to dance for buddha - to give thanks for all the goodies that he had given this little guppy - yup yup will do more good i promise!
By the time i finished at the temple it was already close to 10pm thai time,,, As the Irawan Shrine was just a few streets away from MBK shopping mall, i wasnt sure of the mall was closed, but thought i would try my luck , make a mad dash there to do a quick round of shopping while i grab some yummy food for dinner...since i havent eaten all night...
Alas when i got there , i was just in time to see the mall shutters come down :( *sobs* no shopping for me boooooooooooooo
Defeated, i returned to the luxe and serenity of my hotel room , had a hot shower and ordered some dinner to my room ..
Mmmmmm im glad to report . Conrad has the BEST PORK AND TOFU SOUP I HAD EVER TASTED! YUMMMMMMY!!!!
Dessert was fresh rambutan and oranges....
Ok and there you have it, my pretty uneventful evening..vegetating and stuffing my face in the hotel room... no ridiculous wanton shopping, no pathunam markets, no patpong markets no "tiger" shows like my last few trips nada...dammit.
gotta check my emails and get some shut eye now.. the mother of all meetings begins at 8am tomorrow .... and by 3pm i should be off on my way to the next stop - Kuala Lumpur Malaysia! whoop dee dooooooo

No comments: