Saturday, June 14

Final Moments in Jakarta

It's been over 36 hours since I got back from Jakarta.

It's been over 36 hours since the end of my whirlwind tour of Manila, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta over the past week.

Im now sitting at my usual spot on the living room floor in front of my tv blogging...yep. I am home. back to life back to reality :P ... hmmm i really was hard waking up in my grubby bed instead of a posh fluffy hotel room bed HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Anyway, i thought Id post the final moments of my stay in Jakarta here so i can always look back on this and remember how interesting it was hanging out with Udang :D

Friday 13th 2008 :

Udang was so sweet, he came by the Ritz to pick me up , take me for one last round of shopping, and a quick tour of the city :D

Udang : " i think Im lost...."
traffic is bad , jammed up , and sucky..as usual .


views of jakarta from the passenger seat :D
A big mall, i forgot the name, but its alot like sim lim in Singapore, selling all sorts of gadgets, games, IT stuff...i bought some PSP games... heh at SG$1 each wooohooo!

Parking at the mall's basement carpark was insanely cool! Ive never seen it done in Singapore before but apparently if the lots are all taken, you simply park in front of other people, leave your gear at "Free" and leave .

If the car you are blocking wants to get out, all the guy has to do is come out and PUSH your car away ..YES PUSH...physically push it out of the way and drive off.

Udang's car parked in front of others :D COOOLNESS! yes i was the insane tourist taking pictures in the middle of a dark and gloomy dusty basement carpark ..

We then grabbed a quick lunch, where i had my favourite Avocado shakes...

some simple chinese dishes and rice.

After the lunch and shopping, it was time to make our way to the airport. I took lots of random shots of the streets from my passenger seat ..
train station - trains that take you to other indonesian states..

more random street shots..most of the streets are flanked by low rise shophouses and buildings once you leave the posh town area. on the way to the international airport

I had to take this shot HAHAHAHAHA

As I hugged and waved goodbye to my Udang , i actually felt a little sad to be leaving so soon. its unbelievable. when all i could think of all week was I wanna go home i miss home.etc.

oh well... c'est la vie. thats life. maybe I will be back again :P ha ha ha haa

No comments: