Tuesday, February 16

More Yusheng!

Third day of the lunar new year...

Didnt visit any friends. instead I invited the whole family back to my place for a little home cooked dinner :)

Went out to a japanese restaurant to buy a "prosperity yusheng" set. heh i figured its a japanese restaurant. with lotsa fresh sashimi...surely their yusheng will be stacked with lotsa fresh sashimi slices!

I was right!!! look at the lovely stacks of fresh raw salmon...i bought extra swordfish sashimi to add to our Yusheng too!

Mom, dad , chookie and chwanny came by around 6ish and we were ready to start the dinner rolling! Dad recited the "auspicious verses" while mom threw in the special ingredients! and then the whole family went in for the ultimate giant toss! HUAT AH!!!!!!! I declare -- ichiban boshi's Yusheng to be DELICIOUS! yummmyyy..

I made Bak Kut Teh (pork rib herbal soup) for our dinner.. brewed it in a slow cooker for 4 hours straight hee hee..it was simple enough to make, toss all ingredients in a slow cooker and switch it "on" duh! :D

check out the spread...we had other complimenting dishes like fried dough sticks (you tiao) , i arranged for chopped chilli padi, in dark soy sauce

stir fried some broccolli, carrots and fresh prawns in an egg sauce...

heated up a can of braised peanuts ( yeah yeah its canned but the real deal wouldve taken me even more hours to braise. while opening a can would only take me a minute:P hee hee plus it tastes the same anyway ) Oooh mum was good, she could tell the peanuts were canned the moment i served it on the table ...*gulp* heheh lucky for me everything else was home cooked ....phew!

braised beancurd skin, with fried beancurd...stewed in herbs...
Mom and dad brought over a bottle of red wine...while i prepared a rose moscato and some pokka apple juice drink ( which incidentally is my new favourite drink of the month ! the pokka stuff is simply delicious! )
Its nice to be able to cook a simple meal for my famiy.
I will make it a point to cook more for the people i love this new year :)

No comments: