Saturday, February 23

Heartbroken

I am sad, mad, upset.

It was a really busy week for me , and it didnt help at all that i caught the flu bug as well. Between the flu bug, a less than sane work week, plus lots of multi tasking, I thought i could look forward to a happy weekend of kick starting my marine fish tank project. Alas things went wrong as we were almost concluding the move!

I was THAT close to success! Aaargh!!

I was so excited and happy when i woke up this morning . I found someone selling his old 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft fish tank + cabinet online a week ago , found some furniture movers who had advertised online as well and set about coordinating for the tank to be moved from his flat to mine. It was also a cool coincidence that the seller was just living a few blocks away from me :P

It was mission hazard from the start. there were 2 movers only and both me and the seller lived in old flats that did not have elevators that stopped on every floor. the tank and cabinet made it safely out of the sellers place... even safely to my flat just 2 blocks down the road...

But as the movers were getting my precious new acquisition out of the elevator towards my flat, the front left corner got knocked against the elevator door and cracked loudly..hmmm or maybe it was my little heart breaking! *sobs*


My place is a big mess right now. I havent figured out where the other furniture should go ...i guess I will figure things out as things move along.

Buoy brought over the SAND on Friday just before he left for some R&R in Bangkok *jealous*

bits of the sump tank that survived the journey, lamps , piping and parts.

the hinges are rusted, I need to get new hinges

cabinet arrived safely


Damn! I was so close to success! aaaaaargh!


After all that effort! A BIG FAT CRACK !! They HAD to break it! Aaaargh!

I cant afford to run a tank with a crack! what if it leaks? what do i do with it now? get a new tank? repair this tank? sobssss!!! I am so mad sad and upset right now. alll that effort! i want to kick somebody! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

footnote : porkchop brought me a tub of Haagen Dazs Macadamia nut ice-cream to sooth away the heartache...but it doesnt seem to work this time

this sucks

2 comments:

bunnygoeszen said...

Won't the movers compensate?

One Happie Little Guppy said...

i was too upset to take the money back at the end of the day. the money for moving the tank was way less than cost of the tank.

cost of the tank 2nd hand was way lower than cost of a brand new tank of this specification.

end of the day, i was just too upset to think straight.