Friday, February 1

Men behaving badly

Oh my goodness me. Amazing as it may seem, it has happened to me again!

And each time it happens I am totally surprised ( because whenever it happens its not exactly the right place or time) , amazed (because Im not exactly one hot chickee babe, more of the round round pink guppy type), and absolutely amused ( because of the audacity of these men) !

What has stoked the flames of annoyance and ire in this otherwise happie little guppy?
Stranger men who proposition me for -SEX

Im not talking abt the propositions you get when you are out on a date with a guy nor the general conversations that take place when both you and your man/date/boyfriend/ whatever indulge in when you are both engaged in a grand dance of seduction

Its beginning to feel like a fixed occurance, like every 6 -8 months something like this will happen.


My first experience of this strange phenomena of the loser kind - Men Behaving Badly (MBB)was pretty mild - some lousy specimen of the male species will walk up to me at a nice bar/ restaurant , hand me his business card with a mobile number and mouth the words "call me" before smygly walking off. no small talk , no may i buy you a drink, no nothing.

honestly do these men believe women will just go - "yippeee! a ticket for free sex! lemme call him now woohoo!"

good grief.

Other encounters include at exhibitions and expos where some stranger angmo MBB or india national MBB will come up to me and pass me a hotel card with a room number and the time. Do caucasian men really think asian girls dig white men that much that we will jump with joy and thank our lucky stars that we are the lucky selected few who will go worship their manhood in their hotel room just because they asked?

Or is there some unspoken belief that round guppies are easier to catch? huh huh huh ? *annoyed*

The most annoying thing is its getting worse as the years go by and Im experiencing bolder and bolder versions of Men Behaving Badly (MBB) as each year goes by!

MBB version 2.2008 - The Chinese Beng taxi driver in his early 30s
I boarded a cab from my office tower on the way home. Needless to say i got a cab driver that initiated conversation, "how was your day" , "hard to get a cab huh", Not suspecting anything unusual i allowed our idle chit chat to carry on... I mean its normal to run into cabbies that are uber talkative.

But this one was wierd. He started to tell me his ex wife was chubby like me, he likes women with abit of meat. he likes my smile?!! what the hell. Then he passed me his business card, and asks me if I found him good looking !? I replied that he looked normal and to change the topic, i told him : " yep you look normal ah, like my male colleagues typical look"

Shit . bad move.

He started to tell me about how he would pick up female yuppies from the CBD, who enjoy his company, they become friends, he has great sex with alot of women from the CBD they can be married , single whatever they all cant seem to resist him. sheesh! He is a great lover, they keep calling him blah blah blah.

I ignored him and let him carry on with his story..thinking that he was just bragging

Then he dropped the bomb : " I really am very good in the sack. If you are interested and can handle no strings sex. Really, you got my number its on the card. call me. I will rock your world life is for enjoying right?" - translated from mandarin.

Im sorry . I didnt slap him. I burst out laughing. like loud laughing..

unfortunately for me. he didnt get the hint. he commented : "You have such a sexy laugh"

Oh my gawd if we were not on the freeway , and if it werent raining cats and dogs I wouldve just gotten out of the cab. When we finally reached the foot of my block, as I exited the cab, he told me - " no charge , just call me please"

sheesh what a pervert. Why? Why do i keep running into pervert MBBs?

If I smile at you, it does not mean I am interested in you.
If I talk to you, it does not mean I want to know you in greater depths
If I wear clothes that reveal a little cleavage , NO it does not mean I'm hot for a shag
and
NO you do NOT pick female passengers in this way.


Kicks all MBBs of the world
Where are you - where are all you decent, respectful, intelligent , confident, witty, humourous, well behaved REAL men? stand up and be counted! Good grief!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG CANNOT MAKE IT CANNNNN?!

Well you do give off flirty vibes you know, so maybe misguided signals by pervos? And bars are the defacto sleazeball area, so haha... wah piang. told you already, your sister cannot find man in SG anymore. They are married, dead, gay (most wasted, by the way), attached or sleazeballs.

I actually have a resident pervo in my office now. haha!

I haven't had any strangers proposition me for sex, but a couple of cab uncles try to solicit my number. EW CANNOT MAKE IT CAAAAAN? You should have noted his name in the cab and lodged a sexual harassment complaint to its company. yuks!

-synco.

Anonymous said...

p.s: Dear sis can you PLEASE start a collection of these lovely name cards you get so we can frame and mock them at our leisure? :D C'mon, it'll be fun, and I won't feel like I'm the most desperate person out there.

(was feeling PMS and like a loser, but suddenly it's gone away! Yay!)