Thursday, February 7

Happie Healthy Wealthy Rat Year Wishes!

"Gong Xi Fa Cai" happie gupsters!

And if you are hard pressed for time u can see the abridged version of this blog courtesy of Bijoux ( who complains that i ramble too much on my blog :P)
http://bijou-cho.livejournal.com/361517.html

Now if you have lots of time in the world and are just as bored as I am you can read the extended version below ha ha ha :

Yeap today is the first day of the Lunar New Year - the year of the Earth Rat. I'm sure many of you will be busy collecting red packets, eating new year goodies with family ,relatives and later catching up with friends. It's almost 5pm and Im home in front of the PC because well, we are all done with relatives that are based in Singapore. Everyone else is in Indonesia , Australia and Malaysia so there arent many other blood relations I need to visit... so phew! Mission accomplished.

Yup Yup the feasting's started since last night (Reunion Dinner) , we don't have like expensive luxurious feasts at restaurants..and part of the real joy of reunion dinner for me is being able to eat the delicious simple foods that mom cooks with her own hands, and to sit down to enjoy a meal with my family at the same table - Bliss.

I woke in the morning to kitty ..well being kitty..swiping at the new year decorations I had put up at home

Me love mice too...

Swipes with glee! Swipes!...

Meow? ...black can be lucky too!

Kitty : "No!!! I am NOT going to wear a red bow like the Gay lions outside your parents house!"

Mom has green fingers ya! - Garden suddenly sprouted so many colourful flowers!

Simple foods at reunion dinner table the night before....Hokkien style home cooking. Garlic prawns, Fried Tofu, Crispy Roast Pork, Fried Char Kway Teow , Braised Duck Stew! (Reunion Dinner's at the dining table )

With leftovers easily transformed into a posh nosh chicken rice lunch for today!(Lunch is at the Kitchen table..ha ha less cleaning up to do :P )



Abalone mushroom + UFO soup

Mom's home recipe braised duck with eggs and hainanese steam chicken

Leek and toufu stirfried with roast crispy pork

(Its a "Grain of Rice" Stuffed toy la...)

Here's wishing you a prosperous Happie Healthy and Wealthy year of the RAT my happie little gupsters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I did not complain that it's long, since I myself keep long entires at my musings.

I simply lament that by the time I actually get around to reading it, you'd have spammed me your entire entry in SMS anyway. lamo.

One Happie Little Guppy said...

touche! :D wahahahahha!