Tuesday, September 8

Big Handbags Can Make One Look Smaller

September's lesson seems to be on Perception.

To successfully mastermind, instigate and orchestrate a plot is no mean feat. It also takes alot of luck and favour from karma. With my new success!!!!! I thought i would be bursting with joy..ok at least happier than I am feeling now. Heck, I should be damn proud of myself and gloating to all who would care to listen.

But in reality. the speed of this success only brought on more stress , Irrational fear and a tiny surprising sense of loss to this little guppy ,something i definitely did not expect. instead of enjoying my success..I found myself worrying and psycho analysing possible adverse reactions to small actions like - a tiny pewter pufferfish.

Im glad you bothered to talk to me about my fear and confusion. Seperately.

I am happy you were open enough to communicate to me your joy about this new change. and tried to allay my fears by telling me how invested and happy you are in this new change. In all honesty, i wouldve just shut up about everything, trusted everything was fine and safe, kept my mouth shut, and waited for my sense of loss and fear to pass.. i would not have lost my cool.....IF your response to new yonex shoes been more open ...and less ambiguous.

I am also gratified. You both undertstand and accept that my very very tiny slight change in behaviour is out of respect for the change in dynamics. So a friendship and love that has lasted for over 20 years will not be put through unnecessary risks. Its not a big deal. really.

Perhaps the friendship that is newer and younger in this one can just "Restart" ..start over ..lets delete all old frivolous over-sharing..toss the pewter puffer....lousy info absolutely corrupts.. lets just direct me to the right position to stand in..shake my fins...and i shall introduce myself to you again. "Hi Im guppy. Im one of the buddies she feeds on a regular basis. and i love her very much too. I will defeat you with my 7 dollar racquet! "

Perception ...can be worked to your advantage. My view is : Open, honest, sharing of happiness and status quo - will bring relief and joy to the people around you , who care alot about you who will then know how to behave, and be more thoughtful in their interactions with you.

Dont percieve this as an intrusion of privacy. percieve it as sharing the joy with the people around you who matter. percieve being open with this new change as helping this little guppy adjust to the new dynamics more comfortably and quickly as well.
If you still have the patience for me and my madness, I will on my part endeavour ( taking my cue from her at all times ofcourse), to change my perception...to one that is not the loss of a new valued friendship...but one that is : gaining a brother.

No comments: