Thursday, September 17

Sucking Potong and Loving It!

Red bean potongs are pink!

TV absolutely sucks on a wednesday night. I cant believe the main tv programs suck, even cable tv programs sucked big time. I was bored to tears. I know i know , I could pick up the phone and dial you make you come take me out, feed and entertain me...but alas..I was also too darn lazy to get dressed or bother to leave the house.

Hungry ( and mostly still insanely bored) I ended up rummaging through the regridgerator and lo! lookie what i found hiding at the bottom of the freezer compartment --- > Red Bean Potong!!

Joyness!
For those not in the know, Potong, is a form of traditional ice-cream dessert , think it means "cut up" in malay. coz in the past, traditional ice-cream sellers will be carting around huge blocks of flavoured ice cream. cut it up into smaller pieces, shove sticks into em and sell em as ice cream sticks to kids! They come in many flavours too , coconut, corn, chendol, but my favourite is still-- Red Bean!

Red Bean Potong is yum.



Mmmmmmmmm. Now im feeling nostalgic.
the itch...is back...now i want to go savour all the oldie but goodie traditional local desserts like Ice-Kachang, Chendol , Bobur Cha Cha..

Who wants to join me?!

No comments: