Saturday, September 19

Restless Hawker Centre Guppy ?

Happie Birthday!
Its Joy's birthday today ( saturday)..ofcourse we had to do a mini celebration in the office on Friday !


mUhahaha , every year we pull the same stunt. Pretend we all forgot, then i had to fake a formal meeting invite to discuss some "work - related" issues with her.. and she will spend the afternoon stressing about our impending official meeting.. only to walk into her own surprise mini birthday celebration :P

just a small little simple session with the team ...hahah she will kill me if she saw me post these pix on the blog muahahha so many of us huddled into one little room ..Hhehehe it was fun! wonder if she will fall for the same stunt again next year !? wah cant believe shes so young...Im feeling old ..sigh. Hope you had fun babe.

Still on Friday night : Claypot Chicken Rice at Chinatown Hawker Centre! a cure for restless guppies>???

Yes true believers...it was a friday night, after indulging in Joy's birthday cake, I did not go to a posh club to sit around , I did not go to a nice restaurant to Whine and dine..I did not head home to vegetate in front of the tv to suck on my potong..

I was restless all day...thank goodness moomoo called with a realy interesting dinner invite and before i knew it, I was at a true blue hawker centre !again...and this time round i actually loved it?! INSANE right ? Moomoo was inspired to scratch her claypot chicken itch and right after work, We both headed out to Chinatown Hawker Centre to seek out this famouse Claypot chicken rice stall moo has been raving about.
We ordered so much food! Old Cucumber Soup, Claypot Chicken Rice with everything in it ( chicken, chinese sausages, preserved salted fish, dark sauce...) kailan veggies..sugarcane juice...It was warm, it was a hawker centre, ...we were harassed by tissue touts...but really I was amazed...it was a real comfort food spread! yum! Im thinking...yes..perhaps i CAN survive I CAN do Hawker centres..permanently?

Hawker fare adventure with porkchop !
Inspired By the success of Hawker food adventure with moo the night before, Porkchop and I decided to make TODAY our unofficial hawker food adventure day .
It was a random choice - we picked Changi Village Hawker Center

The food was also a random choice - i know everyone raves about the Nasi Lemak there...but was not really that excited to eat another rice dish like nasi lemak today after the claypot chicken rice dinner.

A happie porkchop with his Chicken Nasi Briyani...mmm looked like a messy pile of rice..the giant piece of chicken was hidden within the rice pile - but it was definitely delicious.. I went nutty and ordered 2 different types of Chee Cheong Fun, - rice dough dishes...one with fried you tiao stuffing, another with prawns... Porkchop found the cheong fun too thick though but i thought it was ok..

My yummy lunch - Chicken chop noodle :D !!!

2 greedy piggies with our hawker spread! hahaha , all this with sugar cane drinks under 20 bucks in total and made fresh on the spot.. Im inspired!
after this sumptuous meal, we headed back to Orchard for a movie, and then i had to make a stop at a party supplies shop to get some stuff for an upcoming event on Oct 3 with our friends . - stay tuned true believers...it will be a blast.. ;)
Then Porkchop had a craving for chocolate...we got bored with the orchard area..so we decided to pop by Cheeky Chocolates in Thomson near mom and dads...to just vegetate and indulge ouselves in some hot chocolate yum yums!

Porkchop only has chocolate in ze brain..muahahha
we love proper hot chocolate made of valhorna chocolate!!!"you taking another photo of me? you are not posting this on your blog are you?! dont post my pics on your blog?!" wails porkchop
"shinobi guppy will do as she pleases...drink yr chocolate pig!"
What new adventures await me?
Aaargh,,,damn this restless feeling...i think i need to go diving again...
For the whole of this evening I found myself, packing and repacking my dive gear ?!..hahahaha ...i think i shall go visit the love of my life my beloved ocean again...
OK im all packed now...i think i can leave anytime. where shall i go? i am so broke ...sigh
Abi's theory is my restlessness is a sign of me going through mid life crisis.
i dunno man...what do u think?
I have an itch
I dont know what or where it is?
I am restless..I am itching...
help.

No comments: