Sunday, June 28

Badminton Champion Guppy ?

Guess what i did this Sunday evening ?

Hee I went to play badminton at Delta Sports Complex . Those who know me must be amazed I even moved my lazy bum ... and yes DELTA...where is Delta!?!?

Actually there were 3 very good reasons :
1. I was curious about the person behind the persona
2. I really thought badminton was easy...i was kinda good at it as a kid, so how hard can it be to pick it up again?
3. I threw out a challenge..loser has to massage the hairy legs and smelly feet of the winner...hah ofcourse I had to turn up :D

I couldve sworn we were supposed to meet up at 7pm. and so when Kulcha rang me at 430ish to remind me about the 5pm game... It was a mad dash to Delta stadium near Alexandra road.

I arrived slightly pass 5pm . As i strolled into the badminton hall, I was amazed that people recognised me . I must be very obvious all pink , round and lost lookin * hahahaha*


The verdict :

I definitely aint no champion badminton player ...HAHAHAH not even a good one. :P -- gosh i was already prepared to be defeated thoroughly. but it was all in good fun. just hope i didnt mess up too many expert players games :P

I am also absolutely amazed. (Perhaps I should not be) The bunch of people Kulcha plays with were all strangers who simply met online. through a badminton forum and decided one fine day to meet up at Delta stadium to play! Now they play and talk as if they are old friends. not a bad deal after all.

After the game, we all went to Seng Poh ...i think its called Seng Poh street for a sumptuous Steamboat buffet dinner. But i was just too exhausted to eat , even though i really felt i wanted to eat something, the appetite just wasnt there.

A nice warm dinner with a big group of new friends after an exhausting evening of badminton. Im glad i took up your badminton invite.

What an interesting evening indeed. It was a pleasure meeting you - hah and technically since we didnt play a set formally, nobody lost to nobody so there is no forfeit for losing :P muahahhhaha *runs away!*

No comments: