Tuesday, June 23

Vietnamese, Durians, Ferrero and Badminton Tuesday

Oh my i ate so much today.

Vietnamese Yum Yums...Again!?!
I have a confession to make - I ATE VIETNAMESE PHO ...AGAIN today! mmmmmm delicious yummy Pho... but this time, it was over lunch with Celest @ Hue at the Amara Hotel.
We had crispy prawn and chicken spring rolls
Check out my beef and chicken Saigon Pho!
Celest had the seafood Pho!
The fresh lime , basil and mint leaves meant for us to add to our Pho
And we washed everything down with this super yum concoction from the hotel which they claimed was some authentic citrus+tea+lime combo "cooling" drink.
Hmmmm wonder if my vietnamese cravings will ever end?
20 year late.. Badminton training Session
It all began with a teensy lil challenge. Kulcha invited me to a badminton game this sunday at Delta stadium. Naturally , true to my egotistical form , I had to throw out the challenge - that I was a primary school badminton champion :P * muhahahha* and that i could beat him with my 7 dollar supar market bought racquet . ( only to learn that Kulcha trains at the Delta on a weekly basis *gulp* )
And so a wager was made : loser will massage the hairy legs and smell feet of the winner! will guppy emerge triumphant ? stay tuned true believers!~ Meanwhile it occured to me it has been over 20 years since i picked up the badminton racquet. Oh boy....
And so, to train for this badminton match, I made tracie and moomoo practice with me at moomoo's home after work today . Heh I think i trashed them...and managed to hit every serve..except for those that landed far away from where i stood.. (OFCOURSE i do not run after the shuttlecock. duh. i stand where i am if the shuttecock comes towards me . i hit it. thats all there is to it )
Ferrero Garden chocolates.
On a happier note, Tracie brought along these delightful looking Ferrero Chocolates . They are not available at supermarkets yet .only at The Cocoa Tree specialty chocolate shops. Check out the beautiful packaging ! AND YES THEY WERE Delicious. a mixture of Almond, Pistachio , Hazelnut and Coconut flavours.
My favourite : The Almond flavoured one. At 18 bucks per box. Its a little pricey but i think i will go get some more !
Mountain Cat Durian Adventures
After a hard lousy stamina guppy game of badminton, a heavy claypot chicken dinner cooked by moomoo and those delightful ferrero garden chocolates. Ofcourse we had to go off in search for some nice desserts to round off our day.
Moo's mom had durian craving ..hah really this was all her fault for putting the idea in our heads. And so off we all went to Four Seasons Durian in search for the famed CAT MOUNTAIN DURIANS! from Mapoh!
Bloody $18 per kilo cat mountain durians!
Other durians that are selling for 3 pc at $20 bucks
moo posing with big durian

We bought one 2.8 kilo Cat Mountain durian and 6 pcs of the $20 per 3 pc durian . broke it all open, and ate both to compare.

The verdict - No difference lah! but still awfully delicious! Guppies Love Durians! feed more durians!

No comments: