Tuesday, June 30

Things that make you go hmmmmm

I thought it was going to be just another work typical work day .

But it was not.
It started happily enough. Its not everyday that you get smiling webcam chat invite early morning. Yeah a big bright smile does add that extra energy booster to help start another day of battling in the office.

Encouraged by webcam cheer, i still had time before my first customer meeting( which will stretch out through lunch), so i went to grab a quick brunch with the team.

But when i got back to the office from brunch everything just went downhill at startling speeds with issues that stretch out across so many geographical locations it was just plain - nuts.

1. I found out that an over eager someone had been making enquiries about me. Which made me really uncomfortable. Was it pure boredom, curiousity or just plain membership agenda driven ? I simply have no patience with grown men who do not have the balls to be direct. You want to know something ? ask me directly. Do not discuss me with another. Most importantly such juvenile "girlie" behaviour is just plain hilarious and mind boggling!

2.One loooong drawn prep meeting later, I was advised we would have to do another pow wow at 745am tomorrow at the client's premises . so we can"synch up" with the other australian stakeholders in this project . sigh.

3. Taiwan customer wants a party delivered in their name but could not decide who from their camp will come to the party. pain.

4. Its month closing and boss is chasing for revenue and forecasts numbers which as usual my numbers do not tally with finance's numbers ... 1+1 not = 2! again! Naturally we are waaay behind in our numbers . also known as no cannot hit target . Pain

5. The VP that sits in the office close to me got her marching orders this afternoon. After years of service , her post was made redundant. and her division and resources now reports to my boss - who as of today effectivey becomes the Master of the Universe . Which means by default im getting dotted lines coming straight up my ass like the speed of light :P . so many changes . am I supposed to be worried that people are dropping like flies around me ? Hmmmm

6. Just as I thought this mad day was going to finally end. I got one last msn msg from someone i met less than 3 days ago . It was an innocent enough query - "when are you getting off work? can i get a lift to the Singapore Flyer ?" , "Im going there for dinner"

I think i did not handle it well at all and probably blew any opportunity to continue this acquaintence. It just pushed all the wrong buttons and reminded me so much of how an earlier friendship was abused. Yup really didnt handle it too well. Too blunt. But really, it all seems a little absurd that one could call me up to ask for a lift to his next dinner appointment ...that did not involve me. How flattering.

My frank and blunt feedback also earned me a density comparison to his vietnamese staff. Surprised.

Aww its ok Ashton...you look better than a taxi. I love you for you. no matter what everybody else thinks!

I think its time to give Ashton a new paint job , people are starting to mistake him for a free taxi ! Hmmmmmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man that sucks. I don't know whether you just attract the obnioxious tyoe or you've been leading them on into thinking you were a free ride because you let them. Maybe it's time to reaccess the kind of signals you give out to insignificant worms, just saying.


MY HUGS THEY ARE YOURS NUF.<3

One Happie Little Guppy said...

on hindsight ...I really did over-react to this one la ..now the previous person?..that was just a long drawn waste of time and i cant believe im letting it affect how i interact with people TODAY. sheesh.