Friday, January 11

An afternoon with my new family

It's "Family Day" at our Singapore office today.

Normally. I'd avoid such kumbaya-work-fun-bonding sessions. But this time round, in my new role as "boss chick" and i use this term very very loosely, i went along and tried to enjoy it as much as I can.

You've got to appreciate the act though when organisations put a premium on the welfare of their staff and invests in team/bond building activities.

This year, "Family Day" is held at the Changi Sailing Club! Not a bad place at all but methinks my parent's Changi Beach Club is definitely cooler -sans the sailboats. We were encouraged to bring along our partners and joy joy porkchop agreed to join me and meet my new family.

Much as people got a glimpse into my personal life when they met Porkchop, I got a glimpse into theirs when they brought in their significant other, wives, husbands, kids, babies in prams the works. Suddenly everybody seemed more 3 Dimensional.

The day began quite slowly(boring)...and only picked up when we begun the scavenger hunt - We did insane things in the name of team work today amongst which some of the actions included :
1. fry an egg in the wok of a hawker stall
2. ask a guy as he exits the toilet -" tell me about your experience in the loo , how was it for you?"
3. catch a fish
4. shake the hand of a policeman
5. make a gibberish speech in public amongs strangers
6. serenade a stranger with a love song
and more!

It was overall a tiring day for me.

Heee some of the girls remarked that Porkchop looked handsome and cute! * grin* our receptionist even asked me how i managed to snag my porky specimen!

oh well....c'est la vie!

How was your day today happie gupsters?

2 comments:

hearttoheart said...

I told you that your Porkchop is cute......

One Happie Little Guppy said...

hmmmm you know i love steak but cant have steak everyday right? :D hahahahah ya la cute is a subjective thing...I personally think guppies are super cute too!