Saturday, January 5

Beauty World ...Cha Cha Cha

I just got home..its 2:42am
Its been quite a busy work week as everyone settled back into their busy schedules. Im glad i already made plans with Bijoux last week to catch the the local musical production "Beauty World" at the Esplanade Theatre.

A full house preview performance - Friday 4th Jan 2008

Unfortunately the whole musical was a little underwhelming for me. I dont care what the critics are saying or what the mainstream publicity mill is trumpeting. No im not comparing "Beauty World" to broadway productions of like Les Miserables, CATS or Phantom of the Opera, Just my own little personal view and just comparing it to another local production - Forbidden City.

Forbidden City was definitely a stronger production number. Maybe i was expecting too much after all the hype. But i thought that although the whole act was fun, costuming and sets were glitzy and professional, the whole performance was well, just a little flat for me. Except for the lead actress...every other singer on this musical is at best...well mediocre. At least the plot was heart warming.

Lucky for me i had Bijoux to accompany me tonight. Bitching and swooning over a performance is more fun with a fellow theatre and arts buff Kaki :D ( yes even if u are otherwise too anime otahku fan girl inclined i still love u)

Nevertheless. I am glad to be starting on this year's performance arts calendar on the first week of the month!

Looking forward to many more evenings of theatrical enjoyments and arts performances.

$10 for the theatre program.... $148 two tickets to Beauty World....

Theatre and arts performance kaki- Bijoux...PRICELESS.


Supper at cheapo cafe cartel ...coz we're broke from the theatre


Hey you...yes YOU : Take me out to dinner and the theatres soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I-I-I-I~IVVVVVVVVY~~~~~~

It's... okay lah. Not spectacular blow me away, but still enjoyable because it's so beng.

SyncoID

One Happie Little Guppy said...

Yesh me loves that song...hahahha

γƒ—γƒ«γƒΌγƒˆ said...

muahahaha!!! YEAH MAN!

*sings along*

WOOOO........ REally!! Look at Darren tan's biceps, triceps and 6 pacs!!!!! DROOOOOL