Sunday, January 27

Expedition with the Hantu Bloggers

I am exhausted.

as i type this blog, my suitcase from taiwan remains unpacked, my scuba gear remains wet and unwashed in the bathroom..i just wanna plonk and go to bed.. think I'll clean everything tomorrow

How did things get so messy? I blame it on the last minute mad dash to Taipei.
weeks before that i signed myself up to join Debby Ng and the Hantu Bloggers ( http://www.pulauhantu.org/) a bunch of enthusiastic marine conservationists and students to attempt my 2nd dive at Pulau Hantu.

I also signed up a part time cleaner/maid to come over to spring clean my flat ..also on the same date. sigh

at the end of the day every activity seems to converge on the same weekend culminating to a mad mad multitasking stunt. Thank goodness mom came over to supervise the cleaning so i could make it to the scuba trip :P thank u mommy!

and thank goodness I could get on a flight back on saturday night! ....neeways, I flew in to Singapore from Taipei and only made it home at 1130pm last night. I had to pack my gear, my camera etc. It was pure madness.

I forgot to clean out my camera housing, the result - blurry pics!

On a happie note : I got to meet a bunch of enthusiastic happy divers
On a not so happie note : I didnt manage to conquer my fear of murky waters. Pulau Hantu waters are still as murky as i remembered it to be. You can still dive, but i just couldnt conquer my fear and surfaced soon as i lose visibility ...

damn. will i ever conquer Pulau Hantu? stay tuned true believers!



Rendezvous was at bird no lay egg - Pasir Panjang Ferry Terminal

Debby Ng and the other hantu Blogger volunteers


Spotted a familiar face in the crowd! Met WaiMeng first on the left on one of my scuba trips to Tioman early last year! wa world damn small man...

Stanley , WaiMeng and I were supposed to be in a group I was able to take this pic coz i jumped in first :DYee har!

Alas, the currents were too strong, visibility was so bad ( cant get my bearings right, cant see beyond arms length in the murky waters) I gave up after 10 mins and surfaced

The guys continued on...only to return to the boat...from the jetty?????

Apparently in the dive , the currents brought them to the lagoon on the other side of the island and they crawled ashore to return to the boat on foot! see! current was that bad! Hilarious though! never saw this in all my years of diving! hahahaha

somewhere along the end of the trip we picked up a passenger from one of the little landfill islands. he had home grown mangoes which were o so sweet and delish!


Then the trip turned into a mango buffet on sea!



Ofcourse like all my other Pulau Hantu expeditions - IT HAD TO POUR!!! like really really cats and dogs POUR!! really its getting annoying why is it everytime i go to Pulau hantu it pours?



You can view more pics on my online dive log- www.mywebshots.com/user/happieguppy

Im just so inspired by this group of people, Debby and the other hantu blogger volunteers they are so young, they know their stuff, they are working towards upholding what they believe in , engaging in activities that are productive and meaningful.

doing something they are passionate about and doing it so well..keep it up guys!

hah! tomorrow is the start of another work week...damn i wish i could take a sickie but its going to be a hectic week.. all the heads from our Asia Pacific Business Units will be descending into Singapore this week.

*takes a deep breath* NO MORE TRAVELLING AND ADVENTURES for this month...please please please...

I had fun today even though i didnt conquer Pualu Hantu ..what did u do this lovely sunday happie gupsters?

No comments: