Wednesday, January 9

what a horrible day.

Happie Birthday Bijoux!
Before i rant about what is possibly the first horrible day for me , Its Bijoux's birthday today and that lucky girl has shipped her ass off to Taiwan for a 5 Day shopping and hot spring self pampering spree (..sobss i shouldve gone with u babes! miss you already) Big Big GUPPY HUGS! harlo angpow already given hor and u better spend it not hoard it! your frugality is giving your spendthrift jie jie a bad name!

Ok now back to your syndicated guppy rants and wails -

It was a horrible day today. I swear i barely picked up the pieces of my battered ego as i dragged my ass home to hide this evening.

Shitty Day 1 : Guppies look awful and fat.
The day started innocently enough. i put on my black power pants suit, styled my hair, slapped on my war paint and went to work. I took extra pains to dress up today wore my lucky red lipstick - we had a big meeting with a client this afternoon so guppy was looking suitably professional and very much a corporateguppy.

I was, how shall i put it, on a natural high, confident, happie and ready psyched up to take on the world... that is until i settled down to my usual chat on msn.

Yes it has happened AGAIN! No matter how much weight i lose i will never look like the skinny stick things with big heads that stalk the streets of our tiny island and I dont intend to. But here it is haunting me. different person, different context, same self righteous comments. For those of you who know me and walked with me through my weight loss/gain over the years , you will know the pain im feeling now.

Another well meaning person saw the immediate need to verbalise the virtues of discipline, diet, exercise ..vs reality check on how unattractive I look and how i could NEVER get certain joy joys and things i want if i don't "Lose the weight"

You'd think i'd be used to this by now since i had been a big girl almost my entire adult life and been on the recieving end of such warm unsolicited admonishes/encouragements . I am aware of the realities of life people! Maybe i am wrong. The world is not divided into have and have nots. Its divided into gorgeous and ugly.

Gorgeous = "have", Ugly = "have nots"

Im a haughty guppy with an ego bigger than Mt Everest. You've heard me say this before - Only give a shit about what people you really care about think, for people you dont give a damn about, who cares ?! love me , love me as I am ..or walk away Now and quit upsetting my balance.

Anyways yes. apology accepted. :P

Perhaps the real horror and the crux of why today is a terrible day for me is not because of the comments but because I didnt expect that comments to affect me so badly. i HOPE the reason im feeling this way is coz I'm PMSing

what a horrible day.

Shitty Day 2: Guppies are not designed for studying...

Over my short break last year. I took up the Pleasure Power Craft Driving License ( PPCDL) course -for those not in the know, its a license to drive a motorpowered boat/pleasure craft. yes its the call of the ocean again...anyway , the theory exam was scheduled for today 9th of January. I procrastinated till the very last minute, last night actually, to flip through the books to study for it. sigh.

And when i did sit down to read the manual, the content was so boring and dry that i find myself dozing off after every few pages. perhaps its my age..perhaps im just not a very smart guppy..but really - NOTHING SEEMS TO STICK to this old brain.

After my afternoon meetings, i left work on the dot once again rushed to Singapore Polytechnic to take my exam. My heart was heavy, and my eyelids were heavy (from trying to cram info into old brain)

what did i get for all my efforts ? I failed la.

Sigh ...Its been a long long time since i recieved "FAILED" on an examination paper brings back memories of my how i got my Drivers license in Australia :P .

haha i would fail the theory paper at one driving centre, then hop on a cab to another driving centre to retake the paper, fail again, then go to another centre again, well you get the picture hahaha took me 3 tries *blush*

Gosh! is it gonna be the same scenario again for the Powerboat license? WAILS!

what a horrible day!



Well, I'm sure your day was definitely better than mine, Im going to bed now I want to forget this horrible day. I will be back my happie gupsters and I hope with happier news!

No comments: