Saturday, January 19

Confessions of a justified baghag

warning - you are about to read the most bimbotic drivel about handbags , strictly for guppy fans who forgive her weak self indulgences only :p

A girl cannot have too many bags or shoes for that matter. Hah for those not in the know, Last January 2007, my new year's resolution was - No more Louis Vuitton handbags, and honestly I hung on to that resolution with strong determination for all of 3 months before i bought meself the LV Suhali Leather wallet. But it's a wallet! I didnt buy a handbag :P so technically ....

Yes i heard ya happie gupsters , your unanimous "CHEY!" it rang out loud and clear ha ha ha what to do, Im a sick baghag i can't help myself.

Neeways this year I told mysef there aint gonna be no more silly resolution like that. This year I was gonna be good ..to ME! Whatever my heart desires, I shall grab it with both hands !

This lazy afternoon, bored and dateless, i dragged Bijoux ( fresh from her date with the dentist) to Takashimaya and Paragon to do some haute couture handbag perving.

We went to HugoBoss (Nice but looked familiar) , Prada ( Common), Bally ( uninspiring) , Gucci (so-so) , Skipped Louis Vuitton coz there was a long queue outside the boutique (No way am I queuing so I can spend over $2k on a bloody handbag - bloody idiots, maybe next time) , Loewe ( Very beautiful but not nice on the guppy frame -sobs!) , Chanel ( where I spit blood at the $5800 price tag at a bag that caught my eye and we both tiptoed out of the boutique ) , Burberry (the designs this season look like they have lost their identity) , Etro (Auntie) ..It was a really FRUSTRATING afternoon of uninspiring shopping!

Bijoux and I gave up hope. we stopped for coffee at Dome in Paragon where we had the most delightful Seafood Tomato Squid ink linguini pasta and delish ice earl grey tea with aloe vera...mmmm somebody take me out to dinner at Dome again soon (HINT HINT!) After that, we decided to continue trapesing around Takashimaya again when we ventured into Shanghai Tang where LO BEHOLD!

I finally spotted it!- a bag that caught my fancy! , before i knew what i was doing, plastic was waved, swiped and faster than 2 shakes of a lambs tail I was already home with my new prize! hee hee hee

Introducing my new bag acquisition - *Cue Angel Choral Singing*
The Shanghai Tang "Explorer" Suede and Leather Shoulder Bag with Quilted Flap!

100% calf leather, with quilted flap!

back view - check out the copper studs

Fine mix of suede and leather, check out the cool finishing!


I fell in love with the chic little accents like the "blossom/flower " motif metal link - cartier has a similar shaped pendant..hmmm mabbe I should check out cartier next time


One more look - Aint she a gorgoeus bag!


One thing is for sure - this year, my pre-requisite for handbags - I dont want to see another woman on the street or at events carrying the same bag god damn you Louis Vuitton! - Dejavu? Yes, I know, I love em black, I love em in calf leather, I love em soft, and I love em tassles...

No comments: